The Allas object storage
This Allas object storage service user guide consists of three parts:
A technical overview of the service. Recommended reading before starting to use Allas.
A summary of the most commonly used Allas tools.
Graphical user interfaces
- web client A part of the Pouta www interface. Limited performance. No configuration steps needed.
- CyberDuck An easy-to-use graphical object storage client for Windows and MacOS.
Command line tools
Available in Puhti and Mahti. These can be installed to local Linux and Mac OSX too.
- a-commands Easy-to-use command line tools developed for using Allas in the CSC computing environments.
- rclone A versatile command line client for Allas and other object storage systems.
- Swift A native Swift command line client.
- s3cmd A command line client for the S3 protocol.
- Python Programmatic access to Allas.
Example commands for Puhti and Mahti
module load allas allas-conf
Basic Allas operations with different tools.
|Tool||List objects in bucket buck_123||Upload file data1.txt to bucket buck_123||Download file data1.txt from bucket buck_123|
*For s3cmd, open Allas connection with command
allas-conf -m s3cmd
Understanding error messages
CSC has previously provided the Pouta object storage service that is now merged to the Allas service. This chapter explains the changes that this merging causes to existing Pouta object storage users.